Spoiler alert: You are not going to get everything that you think you want and that’s A GOOD THING! Whether it’s a job, a relationship, a home, a competition...when you don’t get your desired outcome, it sucks, but disappointment is a necessary and beautiful part of your Best Life Ever. In today’s episode, we share 5 steps that will help you to embrace disappointment, learn from NOT getting what you want, and most importantly KEEP YOUR FAITH.
- Allow yourself the time and space to FEEL your disappointment. Let it out and talk it out. Feel the feelings.
- Talk it out with someone who understands and/or has been through the same type of disappointment or a similar experience or someone just understanding and awesome
- Focus on the big picture - you may not be able to see how this serves you yet, but trust that it will & find comfort in that. Find the benefits!!!!!!
- Let go of any comparisons, expectations or judgement - before and after (preventative and curative)
- Hop off the victimhood train - recognizing that NOT getting what you want may be even better for your spirit than getting what you want will help you get out of that victim mindset of “why did this happen to me”
Don’t let disappointment steal your faith, define who you are, or stop you from desiring more. Don’t let it disenchant you. The only way we truly lose is if we let fear of disappointment stop us from dreaming, trying, striving towards our Best Life Ever!
Please help us reach more ears! Leave us an itunes review!
Come play with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Periscope, Pinterest